STOCK THE POND: BREC and RaceTrac Partner to Stock BREC’s Fishing Facilities
EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH—BREC manages more than a dozen ponds and lakes that offer shoreline access to freshwater fishing across the parish. To increase the opportunities for area anglers to enjoy a quality fishing experience this year, BREC collaborated with convenience retailer RaceTrac to generate funds toward a fish stocking initiative.
Through Dec. 31, BREC asks RaceTrac customers at 12 selected area stores to keep their receipts and mail them to BREC, 6201 Florida Blvd. Baton Rouge, LA 70806, or bring them to any BREC facility. RaceTrac will donate a portion of every receipt's total to fund BREC fishing facilities.
BREC will stock Rainbow Trout at Burbank Soccer Complex, and Forest, Greenwood and Zachary Community Parks in late December.
Participating "Stock the Pond" RaceTrac locations include:
• O'Neal Lane: 2330 O'Neal Lane, Baton Rouge
• Harding Boulevard: 3730 Harding Blvd., Baton Rouge
• 4H Club Road: 2216 Florida Blvd., Denham Springs
• Greenwell Springs: 8940 Greenwell Springs Road, Baton Rouge
• Cedarcrest: 10738 Old Hammond Hwy., Baton Rouge
• Denham Springs: 2331 S. Range Ave., Denham Springs
• Sherwood: 3425 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd., Baton Rouge
• Gonzales: 2838 W. Highway 30, Gonzales
• Seigen Lane: 7102 Seigen Lane, Baton Rouge
• Phillips Lane: 3111 Highway 1 South, Port Allen
• Essen Lane: 4665 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge
• Dutchtown: 13474 LA Highway 73, Geismar
BREC and RaceTrac encourage you to participate in this initiative to ensure veteran and rookie anglers alike enjoy fishing within the park system.
In addition to the BREC facilities listed above, the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries have stocked a number of BREC lakes and ponds with bluegill, bass, and catfish fingerlings throughout the year. BREC permits fishing during daylight hours at most parks, and requires anglers to have a valid Louisiana fishing license as well as abide by LDWF rules.
For more information about how you can help "Stock the Pond" and for a complete listing of BREC lakes, call 225-272-9200, 529 or visit brec.org/fishing.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, RaceTrac has been making life simpler and more enjoyable for guests since 1934. RaceTrac operates more than 300 convenience store locations several Southeastern metro markets, including: Atlanta, Baton Rouge, Dallas-Fort Worth, Tampa, Orlando and Fort Worth
A typical RaceTrac store features 4,000 plus square feet of convenience space with over 4,000 items available to satisfy the needs of its guests and up to 24 fueling positions. For more information, visit racetrac.com.