North Sherwood Forest Community Park
Features in Current Project Improvements:
- NEW playground shade sails
- September 2019 - out to bid
Estimated Budget/Construction Costs:
Estimated Completion for Improvements: Spring 2020
- new play area
- new splash pad
- new outdoor fitness equipment
- new tennis court
- new promenade/pond overlook
- renovated welcome/restroom building
- new pavilions (4)
- new signage
- expanded pond
- Enhanced fish habitat & fish cleaning station
- 2004 - Public Meetings and Master Planning
- 2005 - Family Recreation Center Renovations completed
- November 2011 - Recreation Center Re-Roofing
- 2012 - Site Infrastructure Construction completed - Asphalt drives & Parking Lots, Lighting
- Spring 2012 - Former BREC Administration Building Demolition
- summer 2013 2012 - Basketball Court, Pavilion, and Parking completed
- 2014 - Tree Planting
- January 2016 - Montoya Design Group hired to complete Master Plan through Construction Administration
- May 26, 2016 - Bid approved by BREC commission
- July 25, 2016 - Notice to Proceed issued J. Reed Constructor, Inc.
- December 2016 - Major dirt moving underway. Splash pad area is being formed up, flagpole and water feature bases are in.
- March 2017 - Splash pad, tennis court, flagpole, splash pad slab & feature bases, and pond complete. Site drainage, eletrical runs almost complete. Working on pavilions, fishing pier, forming & pouring walks
- August 2017 - Significant rain delays experienced during this project. Several sections of concrete walks poured around the activity hub. Promenade pavers are in. Trellis is up and being painted.
- September 2017 - Play equipment installed, working on restroom building.
- January 2018 - Grand Opening scheduled for March; final preparations underway
- March 2018 - Grand Opening held
Estimated Budget/Construction Costs: $3.8 million