Dog Park Rules
Hours: Open from Sunrise to Sunset • Hours are Strictly Enforced
- The off-leash dog area is for dogs, their handlers and those accompanying them. No other use is allowed.
- Dogs must be properly inoculated and healthy, free of contagious conditions, diseases and parasites.
- No puppies under 4 months of age allowed. •
- No more than 3 dogs per owner.
- Females in heat are prohibited.
- Dogs must wear rabies and registration tags on collar.
- Dogs must be on a leash while entering and exiting the fence area.
- Owners must remove any pinch, prong or spiked collars before entering.
- Owners must be in control their dogs at all times.
- Owners must have possession of dog leash at all times.
- Handlers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Children under 12 years of age must be under strict adult supervision.
- No running, chasing or petting dogs without the owner’s permission.
- No strollers, bicycles, chairs, etc. are allowed in the off-leash area. Wheelchairs are allowed.
- Professional dog trainers not permitted to use this facility to conduct business.
- All dog waste must be disposed of properly.
- Persistent barking is not allowed.
- No digging is allowed. Owner will be responsible for filling holes.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted. If aggression occurs, dog must leave.
- Rawhides, food (dog or human) and glass bottles are not permitted.
- Owner is responsible and waives liability to BREC for any injury or damage caused by pet.
- Agility Course equipment is for DOG USE ONLY! Sorry people!
Dog Owner’s Responsibilities: Code of Ordinances, City of Baton Rouge and East Baton Rouge Parish, Title 14, Chapter 2, Sec. 14:204