Howell Community Park
New Features in Current Project Improvements:
- Demolition of old recreation center
- NEW Recreation Center
- NEW Pool & Bath House
- NEW Parking Lot
- September 2020 - Building demoliton to be completed soon; construction to begin shortly
- October 2020 - Demolition complete
- November 2020 - Pre-construction planning
- January 2021 - 5% Complete, construction underway; major demolition is in progress with earthwork and utility installation to follow.
- February 2021 - 8% Complete, demo is largely complete and some site utility installation continuing
- March 2021 - 15% Complete, Demo is complete, site earthwork and creating retention pond
- April 2021 - 18% Complete, site utility infrasureture to be completed
- June 2021 - 25% Complete, earthwork and infrasureture construction continues.
- August 2021 - 28% Complete, Forming the building foundation and preparing for concrete pour.
- November 2021 - 33% Complete, Continuing the forming the building foundation and preparing for concrete pour.
- February 2022 - 40% Complete, Building slab is poured and strucatural steel is up for rec center and pool house, plumbing installation underway and installation of metal wall studs.
- May 2022 - 47% Complete, Building's structional steel and metal studs Structural steel and metal studs are mostly complete and plumbing and electrial mostly complete.
- June 2022 - 50% Complete, Roof and HVAC installation underway.
- August 2022 - 55% Complete, HVAC rough-in complete, electrical and plumbing rough-in complete
- November 2022 - 61% Complete, Building panels installation continues. Parking lot lighting foundations underway.
Estimated Completion for Current Improvements: Late 2022
Other Park Updates:
- November 2018 - Former golf pro shop & recreation center demolished
- January 2019 - Baton Roots raised gardens put in place, tractor farming and storage areas upcoming
The urban farm is a joint project with Baton Roots.