Bayou Manchac Park
New Features in Current Project Improvements:
- NEW canoe/ kayak launch
- New gravel drive
- New fishing pier
- November 2019 - Site survey completed, invasive trees to be removed
- January 2020 - In Design Phase, Invasive trees removed
- March 2020 - pending permitting
- July 2020 - Project in design
- September 2020 - Project awaiting permitting approval
- October 2020 - Permitting approved, completing final design
- February 2021 - working on cost estimates and bid documents
- March 2021 - project in last stages of design, construction expected to begin in Summer 2021
- April 2021 - awaiting opinion on access road to the kayak launch, construction expected to begin in Summer 2021
- June 2021 - Project in design phase
- July 2021 - 30% Complete, Limestone road is under construction leading up to the kayak launch. Road to be completed by Summer 2021
- October 2021 - 100% Complete, Limestone road is completed leading up to the kayak launch.
- November 2021 - Kayak Launch in late design phase.
- May 2022 - Kayak Launch in late design phase and working on adjustments. We anticipate the following 5 month timeline for Manchac: 2 months – Complete construction documents and bidding; 3 months - Construction
- October 2022 - Awaiting contracts.
Estimated Completion for Current Improvements: TBD