Central Sports Park - Park Improvements
New Features in Current Project Improvements:
- NEW Shade Structures over Bleachers
- December 2022 - Project in design. Sealed bid to January 2023.
- January 2023 - Low bidder to go to Commission in January 2023 for approval and award.
- February 2023 - Notice to Proceed has been issued to contractor and they are underway with construction of shade structures.
- March 2023 - 70% Complete; Shade sails have been installed. Base bid walkthrough to completed in March.
- April 2023 - Project is completed, Park is open to the public.
Completed Spring 2023
- ADDING Synthetic Turf to Fields 1, 3, & 7
- NEW Bleacher Shade Sails
COMPLETED FEBRUARY 2022 (Click to view project timeline)
- April 2021 - Awaiting Commission Approval to be determined 04/29
- June 2021 - Pre-construction meeting and construction to begin in late June.
- July 2021 - Construction has started on project, baseball and playground area closed to public currently.
- August 2021 - 10% Complete; Excavation of in-fields and building infrastructure.
- November 2021 - 80% Complete; drainage being completed and synthetic turf to be installed.
- February 2022 - 100% Complete; project has been completed. Ribbon Cutting is scheduled for March 18
- NEW synthetic turf fields (4)
COMPLETED MAY 2020 (Click to view project timeline)
- September 2019 - Out to bid
- November 2019 - Construction underway, 5% complete
- January 2020 - 80% Complete; Continuing construction
- May 2020 - 100% Complete; Grand Opening event postponed due to COVID-19
- Phase I: Two entry drives: An entrance from Hooper Road and an entrance from Lovett Road; Infrastructure: Electrical, Sewer, Plumbing, Water and Drainage; Park Amenities: Five ball fields with lighting and backstops; Lake system - 4 lakes total; Concrete walking path around main lake; Approximately 340 parking spaces; Lighting in parking lots; Concession building with restrooms
- Phase II: Two additional ball fields with lighting and backstops; Four multi-use fields; Approximately 330 parking spaces; New playground
- Phase III: Capital Outlay - Restroom/Concession/Irrigation/Main Building