Jackson Community Park - Improvements
(Click to enlarge)
Features in Current Project Improvements:
- New Recreation Center
- New Playground
- New Shade Structures
- New Green space & lighting
- October 2020 - Construction underway
- November 2020 - 5% Complete; Construction underway
- January 2021 - 10% Complete; Construction underway - foundation for recreation center to be poured shortly
- February 2021 - 15% Complete; Construction underway - Foundation for Recreation Center is poured and about to start working on steel construction
- March 2021 - 20% Complete; Construction underway - Steel has been installed for Recreation Center, forms for new sidewalks created and underway
- April 2021 - 30% Complete; Wood framing has been put up for Recreation Center building, pavilion concrete pads have been poured, sidewalks to have concrete poured shortly.
- June 2021 - 50% Complete; Construction continuing on Recreation Center building, pavilions are partial finished, playground construction work continuing, and partial sidewalks completed.
- July 2021 - 65% Complete; Construction continuing.
- August 2021 - 70% Complete; Building windows installed and running electrical wiring.
- November 2021 - 80% Complete; Building construction is nearing completion and awaiting play equipment to arrive on site.
- February 2022 - 85% Complete; Building construction is nearing completion and most playground equipment has been installed. Playground surfaces to be installed.
- May 2022 - 85% Complete; Recreation Center building is substantially completed. Additional playground features to be installed.
- June 2022 - 85% Complete; Park is open to the public, Recreation Center facility building is not opened yet. Additional playground features will be installed when available
- August 2022 - 90% Complete; Park is open to the public. Additional playground features are being installed.
- NOVEMBER 2022 - 3% Complete; project has bejun on the dirtwork for the walking loop and starting setting forms for concrete.
- February 2023 - Complete; shade structures have been installed at playground. Project Manager working on punchlist items with contractors.
Estimated Completion for Current Improvements: Spring 2023
Jackson Community Park underwent a master planning process for park renovations. In 2012, two public planning meetings were held at Jackson Park. A conceptual master plan was presented to the public showing potential site enhancements throughout the park and to gain insight for the preferred location of a new splash pad. In 2015, construction was completed for a new splash pad with connector pathways and new outdoor restrooms.
- NEW parking
- NEW vehicle drop off
- NEW site lighting
- IMPROVED drainage
- NEW walking trail
- NEW outdoor fitness equipment
COMPLETED DECEMBER 2020 (Click to view project timeline)
- NOVEMBER 2017 - Public input survey conducted
- JULY 2018 - Groundbreaking scheduled for the fall.
- AUGUST 2019 - Shade sails added to splashpad benches
- DECEMBER 2018 - Project in design
- FEBRUARY 2019 - Phase 1 out to bid
- MARCH 2019 - Bid awarded, Contracting underway
- APRIL 2019 - Notice to Proceed issued
- JUNE 2019 - 5% Complete, Walk thru, construction under way, removal of trees and installed construction fencing
- JULY 2019 - 7% Complete, Site drainage work began
- SEPTEMBER 2019 - 25% Complete, Sidewalks constuction, completing walking loop
- NOVEMBER 2019 - 50% Complete, Parking lot curb & gutter installed, parking lot asphalt coming soon
- JANUARY 2020 - 75% Complete, Parking lot construction in progress
- FEBRUARY 2020 - 80% Complete, Parking lot construction in progress
- JUNE 2020 - 95% Complete; phase 1 wrapping up
- SEPTEMBER 2020 - 99% Complete
- NOVEMBER 2020 - 99% complete; Substainally complete, punch list items being addressed
- JANUARY 2021 - 100% complete