Liberty Lagoon Waterpark - Improvements
Features in Current Project Improvements:
- IMPROVEd Entrance way
- RENOVATIONS to pool
- Additiions & Renovations to BUILDING
- November 2020 - Project in contracting
- January 2021 - Notice to Proceed issued early January, construction underway
- February 2021 - 25% Complete; pool plaster demolition is complete and forming up building slab and concrete line queues
- March 2021 - 65% Complete; about to install plaster and building slab is complete. Working on building concrete blocks for the building
- April 2021 - 75% Complete; Building block work and roof extention complete. Interior improvements underway.
- June 2021 - 98% Complete; Project is substanially complete, punch list and close out needs to be completed
- August 2021 - 100% Complete; Punch list items to be completed after season.
COMPLETED AUGUST 2021
Liberty Lagoon was a part of the original Imagine Your Parks Master Plan. Phase II of the Liberty Lagoon improvements (part of Imagine Your Parks 2) included a significant park expansion with new features and amenities. The expansion would also increase the maximum capacity of the park from 600 to 900 guests.
- NEW picnic tables with umbrells
- NEW admission entrance gate
- NEW restrooms and changing rooms
- NEW FlowRider surfing machine
- NEW thrill-based slides (2)
- ADDITIONAL deck space
- ADDITIONAL shade coolbrellas
COMPLETED MARCH 2017(Click to view project timeline)
- JANUARY 2016 - Bid issued
- MARCH 2016 - Notice to proceed issued to Wharton-Smith, Inc.
- APRIL 2016 - Groundbreaking ceremony held
- MARCH 2017 - Construction complete, facility testing underway
- APRIL 2017 - Ribbon cutting ceremony held April 22