Kendalwood Road Park
85.12 Acres - Kendalwood Rd. Park is a Satellite Conservation Area which protects and highlights historica native habitats within East Baton Rouge Parish. It is one of few parks that has Bayou Manchac frontage and is in the process of being more developed to allow recreational use of this unique natural area. Currently there is 1.2 mile primitive hiking trail loop and a small parking area with a picnic table. Future phases of development will include more signage and a trail extension which will bring a second loop all the way back to the Bayou. The main uses for this park included hiking, bird watching, wildlife viewing and trail running/jogging. Hunting, motorized vehicle, mountain bikes and other high impact activities are not allowed at this park.
Rules & Regulations
- Hunting & shooting prohibited. This is a conservation area with hikers on trails. To report hunting or fishing violations, contact LDWF (800) 442-2511. City Parish Ordinance Title 13, Sec. 13:1010, 13:1011
- Dogs welcome on a leash. Dogs must stay on a leash at all times and their waste disposed of properly. Please pick-up after your pet. City Parish Ordinance Title 14, Chapter 2 Sec. 14-204
- Leave No Trace. Dispose of waste properly; what you pack in, you should pack out. Trash pollutes the land and water, which is harmful to wildlife.
- Do not enter private property. BREC’s land ends at the Comite River and does not include the opposite bank.
- Park open from sunrise to sunset. Overnight camping and campfires are not allowed.City Parish Ordinance Title 12, Chapter 3, Sec. 12:207-272
- Collecting prohibited. Picking and collecting plant and animal products is not allowed and disturbs the environment.
- Respect wildlife. Refrain from feeding, harassing, killing, or displacing animals. Wild animals, including venomous snakes, are present.
- Fishing license required. Follow Louisiana Fishing Regulations as set by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.
- Event permit required. A permit from BREC is required for large events (20+ people) and loud music or amplified sound is not allowed in BREC Conservation Areas.
Please respect the park by abstaining from the following:
- Driving motorized vehicles within the park
- Possession or use of drugs or alcohol
- Profane language
- Digging, excavating or use of metal detectors
CAUTION This park is a conservation area set aside to protect habitat and the wildlife and plants within. This area may contain wildlife such as snakes, ticks, coyotes and alligators and the potential to come in contact with plants such as poison ivy. Please use caution and wear appropriate attire for hiking.
All scientific research occurring on BREC property requires a Research Permit, issued by the Conservation Department. For more information: BREC.ORG/CONSERVATION
- Nature Trails
For more information about this park, please contact:
24700 Kendalwood Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70817