Hooper Road Park
Hooper Road Bike Trails
Enjoy over 5 miles of mountain bike trails as the wind up, down, and through over 200 acres woods and bluffs within the wilderness of Hooper Road Park . Visit our Trailhead Kiosk for Maps and trail information. The Trail is open daily from sunrise to sunset. Sunset may occur earlier within the woods than in open locations. Helmets are required.
Rules and Regulations
- Hunting & shooting prohibited. This is a conservation area with hikers on trails. To report hunting or fishing violations, contact LDWF (800) 442-2511. City Parish Ordinance Title 13, Sec. 13:1010, 13:1011
- Dogs welcome on a leash. Dogs must stay on a leash at all times and their waste disposed of properly. Please pick-up after your pet. City Parish Ordinance Title 14, Chapter 2 Sec. 14-204
- Leave No Trace. Dispose of waste properly; what you pack in, you should pack out. Trash pollutes the land and water, which is harmful to wildlife.
- Do not enter private property. BREC’s land ends at the Comite River and does not include the opposite bank.
- No overnight camping & campfires allowed. Overnight camping and campfires are not allowed.City Parish Ordinance Title 12, Chapter 3, Sec. 12:207-272
- No equestrian use.These trails are designated for mountain biking and hiking and are not safe for horses. Please visit the BREC website for parks with equestrian trails.
- Respect wildlife & habitat. Refrain from feeding, harassing, killing, displacing or collecting animals and plants. Wild animals, including venomous snakes, are present.
- No unauthorized trail work. BREC staff is responsible for ensuring trails are safe and enjoyable. Please report maintenance concerns to park staff to handle accordingly.
- Event permit required. A permit from BREC is required for large events (20+ people) and loud music or amplified sound is not allowed in BREC Conservation Areas.
Please respect the park by abstaining from the following:
- Driving motorized vehicles within the park
- Possession or use of drugs or alcohol
- Profane language
- Digging, excavating or use of metal detectors
CAUTION This park is a conservation area set aside to protect habitat and the wildlife and plants within. This area may contain wildlife such as snakes, ticks, coyotes and alligators and the potential to come in contact with plants such as poison ivy. Please use caution and wear appropriate attire for hiking.
All scientific research occurring on BREC property requires a Research Permit, issued by the Conservation Department. For more information: BREC.ORG/CONSERVATION
- Ball/Multi-Purpose Field (Lighted)
- Mountain Bike Trail
- Recreation Center
- Tennis Court (Unlighted)
For more information about this park, please contact:
Upcoming Programs & Events
All participants must pre-register. We're bringing back a classic race for all of our mountain biking fans! Get ready to test your mountain bike skills at the Hooper Hustle! Prizes will be awarded. Registration is $20 - event limited to 20 participants. Registration link coming soon!
6261 Guynell Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70811
Daily, from sunrise to sunset.
Mon-Thurs: 3:30-8 p.m.