For decades, BREC’s Summer Camps have been an inclusive, family tradition in East Baton Rouge Parish! Parents recognize the quality of BREC’s summer program which is loaded with a diverse curriculum of fun, memory-making activities that are second to none. Campers experience recreational games, community field trips, recreational sports, cultural arts, develop new friendships and more. From recreation and theatre to animals and science, there is a camp for children of all abilities, ages and interests!
Registration begins online March 2, 2024 for East Baton Rouge Parish residents!
GENERAL SUMMER CAMP INFORMATION
Camp offerings and more registration coming February 2024
You can register for all camp locations through WebTrac, BREC’s online registration system, from your computer, tablet, or smartphone at webtrac.brec.org.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL ONLINE REGISTRATION
- All camp sessions are listed by location. Have your camp location chosen ahead of time so you only have to simply search by location or camp title.
- Login to Webtrac before March 2 to make sure your information is up to date and that you are familiar with the layout and navigation. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open these files.
- Know your user ID and password ahead of time. If you cannot remember it, use the “Forgot Password” or “Forgot Username” on the left side of the screen.
- Not sure if you have an account? Click “Contact Us” at the top of the screen to send a message with your Name, Address, Email Address and Phone Number or email staff directly at email@example.com. BREC staff will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Never registered online before? Make your Webtrac account before March2 by choosing “Create an Account” at the top of the screen.
For issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit/debit card are accepted on webtrac.brec.org.
- To pay by check or cash, please visit your selected camp location to register during the facility’s regular hours of operation beginning Sunday, March 5.
PARTIAL PAYMENT AVAILABLE
All summer camp sessions can be reserved ONLINE by East Baton Rouge Parish residents with a 50% payment of total session fees through Friday, April 28. Beginning Saturday, April 29, full payments for summer camp sessions are required at the time of registration. Other arrangements may be made by going into the camp location where you would like to register. Full payment must be received by the Thursday prior to camp.
East Baton Rouge Parish residents can apply for scholarship opportunities ONLINE with a 50% pre-payment of total session fees and by filling out the scholarship request form available during registration. Check your receipt for the link to the scholarship form. BREC may provide scholarship assistance of 50% of the total fee due to those families who qualify by providing documentation of filed 2022 Federal Tax form 1040 or current SNAP benefits. The 2022 filed Tax Form must have the name of the person registering the camper(s) and it must have the camper(s) listed as dependents. Line 1 of the tax form must meet the federal/state poverty guidelines to qualify. To qualify using SNAP, proof of current benefits must be documented with the name of the person registering camper(s) and have the camper(s) names listed as dependents. Once a completed request and all correct documentation has been received you will be notified within ten business days if it has been accepted. For more information or questions regarding hardship assistance please email email@example.com.
- Scholarships are available on a first come, first served basis until funds are no longer available.
- Scholarships are not available for Baton Rouge Zoo and Tennis Camp sessions
If a registrant requests a refund more than 10 business days prior to the start of the session, BREC will issue the full session fee minus a $15 transaction fee. If a registrant requests a refund 10 business days or less from the start of the session, BREC will not issue a refund. All checks must clear the bank before BREC processes any refunds. BREC does not issue a refund for any session already in progress. Please allow 3-4 weeks for BREC to issue a refund after the refund form has been submitted. Addresses must be legible and up to date to avoid any delay with the refund process. Refunds will be distributed to the payee named on the BREC summer camp payment receipt.
All campers with a diagnosed disability must undergo an assessment with a BREC Adaptive staff member. The assessment must be completed prior to starting camp. Assessments are essential for our campers to have a successful experience at camp. Assessments are required prior to registration for all Sunshine Camps.
More info about assessments coming February 2024
To set up an assessment or for questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.